Friday, August 7, 2009

Miss Wyoming Pageant

August 7, 2009 Friday
Anyone who knows me well would never expect to hear that I applied for and was accepted into the Miss Wyoming Pageant this September. It is a great opportunity for me to be able to show everyone that I can be both a tomboy and a girlie girl

On Wednesday, August 5, 2009, I asked Ed and Roni for their help in taking some pictures. They were more than happy to help out. Roni is an artist and has studied how to place makeup on the face so that it highlights certain areas. She believed that my eyes were not getting the attention they deserved so she opened my eyes by arching my eyebrows to follow the superior orbital ridge better. The next step was to apply makeup, explaining and teaching me what she was doing so I could do it later myself at the competition. I have been practicing every day to get better at this. Who would have thought it was so hard! Heavier makeup is good for pictures, and less is good for the everyday appearances.

When we were done, Ed was ready with backdrops, a stool and his camera. Ed was very professional in how he directed me, telling me how to sit, suggesting I open my eyes just a touch, moving my head and telling me to look at certain things to get my eyes to look just right. All the while Roni was holding the backdrops from moving in the breeze as they were hung on the clothes line out back. We took a lot of pictures of me in various positions and with different smiles. Here are a few so you can see just how great of a job Roni and Ed did, although if you ask them they say they had a beautiful subject to work with so they didn’t do much.





No comments:

Post a Comment