Monday, June 8, 2009

Introduction

Monday June 8, 2009

Introduction

This blog is going to be different from my Spain blog due to three reasons: 1) there is a lot of information that needs to be kept confidential and can’t be discussed due to the type of work that we do. 2) I will be able to write when I have time which varies as life is comfortably busy with the community and the family that I live with. 3) I want this to be an open blog so anyone that has questions or wants me to address anything in particular can just let me know by commenting- and comment a lot, good or bad comments are acceptable.

I was so excited to be accepted for this internship because it is one of a kind, due to the area that it is in and the responsibilities I have been given. Few get a chance to work in the forensic field as an intern, especially as a deputy coroner. The second amazing part of the internship is that it is in Fremont County, Wyoming. This county is made up of a large reservation for the Eastern Shoshoni and the Northern Arapahoe tribes, as well as, areas that are considered non reservation. For this reason the inhabitants of Fremont County have a variety of different traditions and beliefs. This is important in our field because an understanding and respect for these beliefs help us comfort them and work with them while still performing our job. This is a unique area to learn about coroner responsibilities and these two tribes' traditions.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment